1 hr 25 mins
CRYSTALINA Haldeman's Note:
This recipe is pretty easy to make once you get the hang of it. You can double it to feed a crowd or you can freeze what you don't eat. We love it with fresh snow peas from our garden - just add a tossed salad and a dinner roll and you have a meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut tenderloin in half (freeze remaining or you can use it all in this dish).
- 2Slice tenderloin into bite size pieces.
- 3Dust with flour.
- 4Grate carrots, celery, and cabbage (either grate or finely chop).
- 5Finely chop garlic, thin slice green onions.
- 61st pan- heat 3 tbs oil and 1/2 tsp sesame oil, when hot add tenderloin and cook until no longer pink, add garlic at end, cook for 3 minutes, then add 3 wooden spoonfuls of lite soy sauce, cook for another 3 minutes.
- 7Add veggie's into the meat, stir and cook about 5-10 minutes.
- 82nd pan- heat 2 tbs oil and 1/2 tsp sesame oil unti hot- add dry rice and coat with oil, stir for 3 minutes until light brown.
- 9Then add water and stir.
- 10Take meat and veggie's and add with rice, add curry powder.
- 11COVER with tight fitting lid (I use foil to seal the pan) over medium high heat for about 25 minutes.
- 12Stir twice to keep from sticking to bottom of pan.
- 13Mixture will be wet- test rice to see if done.
- 14Once rice is done remove the lid, lower heat add 2-3 wooden spoonfuls of regular soy sauce and cook until pretty dry.
- 15Should take about 10-15 minutes.
- 16You can add- frozen pea pods or corn durning the last 15 minutes.
- 17This will freeze well!
- 18To make enough for 6 people use the whole tenderloin, triple the amount of carrots and celery and cabbage.
- 19Do Not increase sesame oil or curry powder.
- 20Use 2 cups dry rice and 6 cups water.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.3
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 38.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 2.8 g