1/1 Photo of Pork Fried Rice
Just a simple fried rice - a meal on its own. If you like, pair it with stir-fried vegetables. Try to use cold, leftover rice if possible. You can also use any leftover vegetables in place of the corn.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pound the pork with meat mallet/rolling pin between cling wrap until thin.
- 2Season both sides with salt, pepper and curry powder; rub it in with your fingers then set aside for a few minutes.
- 3Heat 1 TB oil in a wok/skillet.
- 4Once hot, pan fry the pork fillet for approx 1-2 mins each side until cooked.
- 5Remove from pan and let cool slightly, then slice it thinly across the grain.
- 6Heat remaining 1 TB oil in the wok; once hot, saute the garlic until fragrant (approx 30sec).
- 7Add rice and stir well.
- 8Stir in salsa, soy sauce and corn; saute for another minute (If it gets too dry, add a few tsp of water or chicken stock).
- 9Mix in sliced pork and stir briefly to heat through and for flavors to blend.
- 10Garnish with some chopped scallions before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.5
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 33.0 mg
- Sodium 724.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 15.3 g