Just a simple fried rice - a meal on its own. If you like, pair it with stir-fried vegetables. Try to use cold, leftover rice if possible. You can also use any leftover vegetables in place of the corn.
- Pound the pork with meat mallet/rolling pin between cling wrap until thin.
- Season both sides with salt, pepper and curry powder; rub it in with your fingers then set aside for a few minutes.
- Heat 1 TB oil in a wok/skillet.
- Once hot, pan fry the pork fillet for approx 1-2 mins each side until cooked.
- Remove from pan and let cool slightly, then slice it thinly across the grain.
- Heat remaining 1 TB oil in the wok; once hot, saute the garlic until fragrant (approx 30sec).
- Add rice and stir well.
- Stir in salsa, soy sauce and corn; saute for another minute (If it gets too dry, add a few tsp of water or chicken stock).
- Mix in sliced pork and stir briefly to heat through and for flavors to blend.
- Garnish with some chopped scallions before serving.