Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a wonderful recipe adapted from Cat Cora. I love to serve it family style and let everyone make their own flatbreads.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs boneless pork
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 6 flat bread or 6 pita bread
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- Combine all of marinade ingredients.
- Cut the pork into thin medallions or strips.
- Marinade the pork in the refrigerator overnight or at least 1 hour.
- Drain the marinade and grill the pork on outdoor barbeque.
- Strain the yogurt in cheesecloth or fine wire colander for 30 minutes. (Straining the yogurt and disgarding the liquid will make it thicker, but you can skip this step).
- In a medium bowl stir together the yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt.
- Peel, remove seeds and grate the cucumber. Squeeze to remove excess liquid. Add to yogurt mixture.
- Add peeled, diced avocado.
- Refrigerate for a least 1 hour.
- To serve place shredded lettuce on pita or flatbread, top with grilled pork and serve with Tzatziki sauce.
- You may also serve with diced or grilled tomatoes, green onion or any other vegetables you might like.
I really enjoyed this meal. The avocado was a great addition to the tzatziki. The leftover pork was great in a pasta salad the next day and was delicious just on its own. Very easy to make and impressive to serve.
This recipe is sooooo good! We absolutely love it and it's the perfect summer meal. I was really looking forward to grilling our pork outside today but unfortunately it snowed...I know, snow on the 12 of May!!! So we ended up grilling it on our George Foreman. It still turned out amazing. The only problem we have with the recipe is pronouncing tzatziki. Thanks for posting!