This is a wonderful recipe adapted from Cat Cora. I love to serve it family style and let everyone make their own flatbreads.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs boneless pork
- 1Combine all of marinade ingredients.
- 2Cut the pork into thin medallions or strips.
- 3Marinade the pork in the refrigerator overnight or at least 1 hour.
- 4Drain the marinade and grill the pork on outdoor barbeque.
- 5Strain the yogurt in cheesecloth or fine wire colander for 30 minutes. (Straining the yogurt and disgarding the liquid will make it thicker, but you can skip this step).
- 6In a medium bowl stir together the yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt.
- 7Peel, remove seeds and grate the cucumber. Squeeze to remove excess liquid. Add to yogurt mixture.
- 8Add peeled, diced avocado.
- 9Refrigerate for a least 1 hour.
- 10To serve place shredded lettuce on pita or flatbread, top with grilled pork and serve with Tzatziki sauce.
- 11You may also serve with diced or grilled tomatoes, green onion or any other vegetables you might like.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Flat Bread or Pitas With Avocado Tzatziki
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 686.3
- Calories from Fat 515
- Total Fat 57.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 111.9 mg
- Sodium 715.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 32.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: