Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a wonderful recipe adapted from Cat Cora. I love to serve it family style and let everyone make their own flatbreads.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs boneless pork
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 6 flat bread or 6 pita bread
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- Combine all of marinade ingredients.
- Cut the pork into thin medallions or strips.
- Marinade the pork in the refrigerator overnight or at least 1 hour.
- Drain the marinade and grill the pork on outdoor barbeque.
- Strain the yogurt in cheesecloth or fine wire colander for 30 minutes. (Straining the yogurt and disgarding the liquid will make it thicker, but you can skip this step).
- In a medium bowl stir together the yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt.
- Peel, remove seeds and grate the cucumber. Squeeze to remove excess liquid. Add to yogurt mixture.
- Add peeled, diced avocado.
- Refrigerate for a least 1 hour.
- To serve place shredded lettuce on pita or flatbread, top with grilled pork and serve with Tzatziki sauce.
- You may also serve with diced or grilled tomatoes, green onion or any other vegetables you might like.