Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great way to cook a Pork Fillet
- 2 (450 g) pork fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 50 g granulated sugar
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 5 fluid ounces chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- Pre - heat oven 200C / 400F / Gas6.
- Season pork fillets with salt and pepper.
- Coat the pork fillets in sugar. Add to a frying pan with hot oil.
- As the pork caramelizes turn to get an even colour. Once done put into the pre heated oven for 12-15 minutes ( 6-8 minutes longer for well done ). Remove once cooked and leave to rest.
- To make the sauce add white wine vinegar to a pan and reduce. Add Tomato puree or ketchup plus the chicken stock. Bring to a boil and cook for a few minutes. To finish if required add butter Worcestershire and Tabasco sauce.
- To serve slice fillets and serve with a little sauce.