Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Very easy, very rich, creamy Gorgonzola and Sambuca sauce. My daughter's boyfriend came to dinner and cooked this for us. So good I have invited him to cook again next week.
- 1 lb pork fillet, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sambuca liqueur
- 1 large fresh fennel bulb, sliced
- 3 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons single cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Trim any fat from the meat and slice 1/4" thick. Place the meat between two pieces of cling film and beat with a meat mallet, to flatten out.
- Heat the oil in a heavy based pan and fry the meat in batches for 2 mins on each side. Remove the meat from the pan and keep it warm.
- Stir the Sambuca into the pan, stir well to remove all the bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the fennel and cook for 3 minutes Remove from pan and keep it warm.
- Reduce the heat and add the Gorgonzola to the pan with the cream, stir till the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Stir in the sage and thyme, season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with sauteed potatoes and broccoli.