Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a wonderfully easy recipe to do and it is full of flavour and tastes great. I served the kebabs over salad but they can be served as part of a BBQ as one of several dishes being cooked and this dish also goes very well accompanied by a greek salad. They can also be cooked under the grill instead of on the BBQ so these make a perfect after work meal. I used 450g Piece of pork loin and I placed three pieces of meat on each skewer and got 3 skewers per person for the three of us, I think if you upped the weight by 100g it should work out for 4 people with 3 skewers each. This is perfect when served with an accompaniment such as salad or rice, if seving as is you would definitely want to up the weight of the pork fillet and bacon slices to make more skewers.
- 9 skewers (Medium sized)
- 450 g pork loin, cut into 2cm pieces (should have 27 pieces)
- 10 slice pancetta, some will need to be halved and some will have to be cut into three, depending on how big the piece
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 18 Pieces (250g)
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 14.79 ml finely chopped fresh rosemary
- See note above if you want to make this for 4.
- Place oil, garlic, and rosemary in a bowl mix, add pork pieces toss to coat, marinade 15 Minutes.(I usauly leave pork while I chop capsicum and pancetta.).
- Wrap pancetta around each pork piece thread onto skewer, then thread a slice of capsicum, then wrapped pork, capsicum, and finally last wrapped pork piece. Repeat with remaining skewers.
- Cook on a heated grill plate or BBQ or cook under the grill, brushing with the little remaining oil garlic mix, until cooked through.
We're only two here so I cut the recipe in half which suited us very well. I made the kabobs to serve with Country Corn Brown Rice and small grilled onions. Thanks for sharing such a quick and easy recipe for the grill. Made for the Aussie/NZ RS#30.