Recipe by ciao
These are so easy, and so delicious! They cook up very quickly. Tender pork with onions, peppers, garlic, lime juice...well, you get the idea. From The Recipe Hall of Fame Cookbook, with a few changes.
Top Review by Chef Teddy Bear
These turned out fantastically. The pork was juicy and flavorful while the veggies tender and well spiced. Thanks for a great recipe - especially the idea for fajita seasoning mix.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 453.59 g pork tenderloin, julienned
- 2.46 ml salt (or more to taste)
- 1.23 ml pepper (or more to taste)
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 9.85 ml fajita seasoning mix (I used Paul Prudhomme's Fajita Magic, but use whatever kind you like--there are a couple posted on Z)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas, warmed
Garnishes of your choice
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomato
- avocado, slices
- shredded cheese (etc)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add pork, sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Cook, and stir constantly for 2 minutes.
- Add peppers, onion, garlic, cumin and fajita seasoning, continue to cook until the vegetables are crips-tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the lime juice, and saute for about 2 more minutes.
- To serve, roll 3/4 cup meat mixture in each tortilla and garnish as desired.
- I like to put the meat and tortillas in a platter and bring it to the table, and let everyone make up their own.