Recipe by lovestocook #6
I was looking for something like fajitas, but not to messy to eat. I surfed around this site and created this from several other recipes. Thanks to all those who inspired this recipe.
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 20 ounces diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 8 corn tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 14 ingredients in a large zip top bag, mix well, refrigerate over night for best flavor.
- Combine soup, rotel tomatoes, and salsa.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick skillet and cook pork until just about done. Add peppers and onion and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Spray the bottom on a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Layer tortillas, soup mixture, meat mixture, then cheese.
- Repeat ending with the cheese.
- Cover with foil and cook at 350 for30 minutes. Remove foil and cook an additional 10 minutes or till bubbling. Remove from oven and let sit about 10 minutes.
- I would have preferred to make this a bit more spicy, but I am the only one in my family that likes it that way. Serve with sour cream if desired.