Recipe by sasha's kitchen
This is a recipe from Jane Milton's Mexican cook book,the green tomatillo sauce provides a tart contrast to the pork filling in this popular dish.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs pork shoulder, diced
- 1 cascable chili
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups canned tomatillos, drained
- 6 corn tortillas
- 3⁄4 cup mexican cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- put the diced pork in a sauce pan,pour in water to cover,bring to a boil,lower the heat and simmer for 40 minute.
- meanwhile,soak the dried chile in hot water for 30 min until softened,drain,remove the stem and seeds.chop it.
- drain the pork and shred it,set it aside.
- heat the oil in a pan and saute the garlic and onion for 3 min until translucent,add the chopped chile and tomatillos,cook,stir constantly until the tomatillos start breaking up.lower the heat and simmer the sauce for 10 min,cool slightly and puree it in a blender.
- preheat oven to 350F,microwave the corn tortillas wrapped in wet paper towel for 30 sec.spoon one-sixth shredded pork onto the center of each tortilla and roll it up,put them in a baking dish,face-side down,completely cover the enchiladas with the sauce,sprinkle cheese on top,bake for 25-30 min or until cheese bubbles.