Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A little more preperation than the usual enchiladas - no dumping on canned sauce - but so worth it. Dice the tomato while the enchiladas are in the oven.
- Dust pork loin with cumin and oregano; season with salt to taste.
- In a large non-stick skillet heat the oil over medium heat. Add pork pieces and brown on all sides about 8 minutes. Middle will be slightly pink. Transfer to cutting board and let rest 5-10 minutes. Slice thinly.
- While pork is cooking, preheat oven to 450. Put salsa verde and water in blender and puree until smooth. While pork is resting, add salsa puree to skillet and warm over medium heat, 2-3 minutes.
- Heat tortillas according to package instructions. Assemble enchiladas by evenly dividing pork slices and 1/4 C of the cheese between each tortilla. Roll tortillas tightly and place seam side down in 9x13 in baking dish. Pour heated salsa mixture over enchiladas and top with remaining 1/2 C cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, about 6-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with diced plum tomato.
Thanks for a delicious recipe! I was searching for something to do with a pork loin and this appeared just in time. I halved the recipe and used flour tortillas. The pork was so tasty and tender.