This is one of my highly requested recipes when its potluck time at work. It is time consuming but well worth it. Serve with a salad on the side.
- Broil poblano chilies, till black. Put in plastic bag till soft about 10 minutes. Peel, seed and finely chop.
- In a 3 quart sauce pan saute' garlic and pork cubes in oil.
- Add chopped chilies, celery, and tomatoes.
- Add water to barely cover mixture.
- Bring to boil, lower heat and simmer for 3-4 hours until thicken.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease large lasagna pan.
- Pour some enchilada sauce to cover bottom of pan.
- Fill tortillas with pork mixture and top with chopped onion. Roll and place in pan.
- Cover with enchilada sauce. Make sure all edges are covered.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Cover with foil making sure foil does not touch cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Top with sour cream and chopped cilantro.