1/4 Photos of Pork Enchiladas
5 hrs 45 mins
This is one of my highly requested recipes when its potluck time at work. It is time consuming but well worth it. Serve with a salad on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Broil poblano chilies, till black. Put in plastic bag till soft about 10 minutes. Peel, seed and finely chop.
- 2In a 3 quart sauce pan saute' garlic and pork cubes in oil.
- 3Add chopped chilies, celery, and tomatoes.
- 4Add water to barely cover mixture.
- 5Bring to boil, lower heat and simmer for 3-4 hours until thicken.
- 6Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 7Grease large lasagna pan.
- 8Pour some enchilada sauce to cover bottom of pan.
- 9Fill tortillas with pork mixture and top with chopped onion. Roll and place in pan.
- 10Cover with enchilada sauce. Make sure all edges are covered.
- 11Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- 12Cover with foil making sure foil does not touch cheese.
- 13Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- 14Top with sour cream and chopped cilantro.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 573.7
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 51.5 mg
- Sodium 1282.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 26.0 g