Recipe by Queen Dana
This recipe can also be made with shredded beef or chicken. This recipe is from Mark Bittman's cookbook "The Best Recipes in the World".
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup masa harina
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup lard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked pork, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl or food processor combine flour, masa harina, baking and baking powder. Cut in lard and a slowly add in the water.
- Knead dough on lightly floured surface until smooth. Shape into 12 balls and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F Roll out each ball of dough into a 6 inch circle. Drop about 2 tablespoons of pork in the center of each circle.
- Fold the circles and seal the dough using a fork or pastry tool. Brush with milk. Bake for about 20 minutes or untill golden brown.