Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Taste of Home.
Make and share this Pork Egg Rolls With Sweet and Sour Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup baby shrimp, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 -3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 refrigerated egg roll wraps
- oil (for frying)
Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon maraschino cherry juice (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large skillet, cook pork over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove pork with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry cabbage, celery and onions in oil until crisp tender.
- Add shrimp, water chestnuts, bean sprouts, garlic, soy sauce, sugar and reserved pork; stir-fry 4 minutes longer or until liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from the heat.
- Position egg roll wrappers with a corner facing you.
- Spoon 1/3 cup pork mixture on the bottom third of each wrapper. Fold a bottom corner over filling, fold sides over filling toward center. Moisten top corner with water; roll up tightly to seal.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 inches of oil to 375 degrees. Fry egg rolls for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- For sauce, combine the sugar, cornstarch and seasoned salt in a saucepan, gradually add the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with egg rolls.
Ground pork mix with all these ingredients. makes a good egg roll.