Recipe by Huskergirl
When we get together with friends for Chinese night I make these. It was something that I just threw together at the last minute with what I had in the house. The result best egg rolls ever in my opinion. Very Easy. I use the spicy breakfast sausage because I enjoy the little bit of heat but regular is fine. The amount you get depends on the amount of filling you put into each egg roll and how big your wrappers are.
- 1 lb pork sausage, breakfast
- 1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 16 ounces egg roll wraps, 1 package
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage. Do not drain.
- Turn heat to low, add coleslaw mix.
- Cook until all the cabbage has wilted.
- Place meat and cabbage mixture in a colander and let the oil drain while you prepare rest of cooking supplies.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet on stove or preheat oven to 350°F.
- Following directions on the back of the egg roll wrapper place an amount of the pork cabbage mixture in the middle of each sheet and then roll as directed.
- I roll all my egg rolls before I start frying because frying only takes secs.
- If baking, sprayed with a non stick cooking spray right before placing in the oven bake for about 7 to 10 minutes. You just need to watch them until then start to turn golden.
- Do not leave unattended either way you cook them as it does not take long to go from golden to burnt.
- Serve hot and with a dipping sauce of you choice.