Delicious little gyoza or pot stickers to munch on while watching the game or a good movie.
Make and share this Pork Dumplings (gyoza) recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces ground pork (or any other meat/fish filling)
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 cup of finely chopped napa cabbage
- 1⁄4 cup water chestnut, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package wonton wrappers or 1 package gyoza skins
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Cook cabbage for 1-2 minutes in enough water to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from heat and drain water.
- Saute pork in olive oil until cooked.
- Add ginger, garlic, sesame seeds, onions, chestnuts, cabbage, soy, corn starch and mix until blended and remove from heat.
- Brush wonton wrapper with egg white and add one spoonful of meat mixture.
- Fold bottom of wrapper over top and seal into a half crescent.
- Tighten seal with fingers.
- Shallow fry dumplings in peanut oil at medium heat flipping over once, until browned on one side.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
- To make dipping sauce: Mix together and serve with dumplings.