Recipe by BonnieD Oz
Can be steamed, shallow fried, or poached (directions for poaching). Keep the broth and eat as a soup. Delicious! From "The Asian Cook" by Linda Doeser. Add 2 teaspoons sesame oil to the mince mix for more flavour (and more calories).
- 450 g Chinese cabbage
- 450 g pork, mince
- 500 g wonton wrappers
- 1 tablespoon spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch the chinese cabbage leaves until soft. Cool then chop finely.
- Mix the cabbage with the pork, spring onions, ginger, salt, sugar, soy sauce, sherry (chinese wine can be used) and sesame oil (if using).
- Plase about 1 tablespoon of filling into the centre of a wonton wrapper. Moisten edges of wrapper with water, fold into triangle (or half moon if using round wrappers) shape and seal by pinching tightly.
- Poach in boiling water for 2 minutes. Turn the heat off under the water and allow to sit for 2 minutes.