Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A very tasty recipe using a combination of balsamic vinegar and pork. The sweetness of the balsamic works very well with pork.
- 30 g butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 pork cutlets
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup stock
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 lemon
- mashed potatoes (4 portions)
- Heat butter and oil in heavy pan into which the cutlets neatly fit.
- Add the cutlets and brown on both sides.
- Season well.
- Scatter over fresh thyme leaves and crushed garlic and lower the heat.
- Add balsamic and stock and cook until sauce thickens.
- Slice fennel bulb finely, season well and dress with lemon juice.
- Serve cutlets on a portion of mashed potato with a little fennel salad.
- Pour over any remaining juices.