Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Submitted by request from "100 Recipes from Japanese Cooking". You won't need to make a trip to an Oriental Market to enjoy this simple dish
- 4 (4 ounce) pork cutlets
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 1⁄2 ounces cabbage, shredded
- 4 radishes
- 4 lemon wedges
- Salt and pepper both sides of cutlets.
- Dust pork lightly with flour, dip in beaten egg and bread crumbs.
- Slide pork into 320°F oil, turn over when brown, raise oil to 360°F and deep fry until crispy.
- Drain on paper towels and slice into bite size pieces.
- Mix sauce ingredients.
- Garnish with cabbage and radishes, serve with sauce, lemon and mustard.
This was quick, simple and delicious! I didn't make the garnishes ~ just served with steamed carrots and Asian noodles. This would cross over very easily into the appetizer category. My husband pronounced the sauce a bit "too tangy" but I think a little brown sugar would make him happy next time! This goes in my "keeper" cookbook. Thanks for posting!
Very, Very good, served it over rice and everyone loved it!
What a beautiful crust this recipe made!!!! Made exactly as directed and loved every bite!!!