Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here's the way I fix them.
- dried breadcrumbs (seasoned if desired)
- 2 eggs
- 4 pork cutlets
- 1 tablespoon flour
- vegetable broth
- salt and pepper
- Heat half butter and oil in heavy frying pan.
- To prepare cutlets, I use dried breadcrumbs (seasoned if desired) on one plate, lightly beat a couple of eggs in a soup platter, roll cutlets in breadcrumbs on both sides, then in eggs, then again in the breadcrumbs making sure they are well covered.
- Place in frying pan and fry on medium hot to avoid burning 5-7 minutes (depending how thick they are cut) on one side until golden in color, turn over and repeat. You can lift cutlets with spatula to let some fat get under the cutlets.
- I make a cut with a sharp knife to make sure meat is well done and if necessary fry a couple more minutes on both sides.
- I have also cut up onions and sauteed them right along with the pork cutlets.
- After removing cutlets from pan (keep warm) I use a heaping tbs of flour, browning in the pan until golden, then add vegetable broth to make a gravy.
- Use salt and pepper to taste. Serve over cutlets.
Cooked it without the gravy, Just pan fried in butter till crispy on the outside, just the way my kids like it. Great recipe.
I've fixed my pork cutlets very similar to this for years. I buy the loin chops at the meat case so I can choose my own because the only fat on them, if any, is just around the edges and have them run them through the cuber twice. I remove any fat on the edges myself after I get them home. Using egg beaters in place of egg and Italian style breadcrumbs, I fry them in maybe 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat about 5-7 minutes as you state. Instead of using vegetable broth to make the gravy I use milk because its just what we prefer. The meat is fork tender and delicious! So nice to see this posted, its quick and so good! :)
Great simple recipe! I used Italian seasoned breadcrumbs but fried it in olive oil. Seasoned the pork cutlet with seasoned salt (just a tad) it came out GREAT!