Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A while ago someone asked what to do with pork cutlets she got on sale - this is a wonderful dish using pork cutlets that we enjoy served with egg noodles. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (January 1981)
- 6 boneless pork cutlets, trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (we used garlic salt)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 6 tablespoons vegetable shortening (Crisco)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- Place cutlets between waxed paper and flatten to 1/4 - 1/2 inch thickness using a meat pounder or rolling pin.
- Cut small slits around the edges of the pork and set aside.
- In a pie dish or bowl combine 1/2 cup flour, salt and pepper.
- In a second pie dish beat eggs with milk.
- In a third pie dish combine bread crumbs and paprika.
- Dip cutlets in flour, then egg mixture and finally in the breadcrumb mixture, coating well with the crumbs; set aside until all the pork cutlets are coated.
- In a large skillet melt Crisco (vegetable shortening) over medium heat.
- Add three cutlets to the skillet at a time and saute on both sides until golden brown (3-5 minutes per side) and then transfer to a plate and keep warm and repeat with the remaining shortening (3 tablespoons) and cutlets.
- In a small cup combine remaining flour (2 tablespoons) with dillweed and then add mixture to skillet.
- Stir in broth, stirring to combine well and then stir in sour cream until heated through.
- Spoon sauce or pass separately--the sauce is wonderful over noodles.
So easy and delicious!!! I added a bit of kosher salt (probably about a tsp) to the sauce but I like things a bit salty. I also used Seasoned Salt and garlic powder in the flour mixture. Very tasty. I will definitely make again.
This was absolutely delicious. I used panko bread crumbs instead of the normal Italian style. Very crispy and the sauce was great too!
This was phenomenal. I love the addition of dill. Awesome with mashed taters!! Will definitely make again!