Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
a wonderfully rich dish with an incredible blend of flavors.It will definitely impress your friends at a dinner party.This dish would go very well with a light fruity red wine slightly chilled or a German Riesling
- 10 ounces lump crabmeat
- 1 -2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 4 ounces gruyere cheese, shredded aprox
- 2 lbs asparagus
- 8 shallots, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- olive oil
- hollandaise sauce
- 3 lbs boneless pork loin, aprox
- Pre-heat over to 450 degrees.
- Cut the pork loin into 1 in.thick slices.
- Pound the slices until aprox.1/8 in.thick then tenderize with the other side of mallet (or use a tenderizer mallet)
- Drain and pick over crabmeat.
- Add mayo to crab meat and 2 chopped shallots, salt and white pepper
- Pre heat a heavy bottom sauté pan until very hot.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the pounded pork.
- Add olive oil to the hot pan and sear pork on both sides until lightly brown (aprox 2-3 min per side).
- Put browned pork on hot plate cover with foil and set aside.
- Cut the asparagus aprox 2 ½ inches long and place the tops briefly in rapidly boiling salted water until crisp-tender. Drain and dry them well and set aside
- After all the pork is browned drain out oil from pan.
- Return pan to medium heat add 2 TBS of butter, the remaining chopped shallots and garlic and sautee for about 2 minutes.
- deglaze the pan with the wine and lemon juice.
- Reduce this until it is thick and has syrup like consistency.
- Add the meat juices that have formed under the resting pork to this mixture.
- Add this deglazed syrup with shallots and garlic to the Hollandaise sauce.
- To assemble: Lay the pork on a baking sheet in one layer
- Sprinkle each piece with the shredded Gruyere cheese.
- Top each piece with the crabmeat mixture.
- Divide the asparagus evenly on each piece and place on top of the crabmeat Cover the top of each piece with the Hollandaise sauce and bake in the pre heated oven aprox 5 min until the top starts to color slightly.
- Remove from oven and serve.