IPork is one of the cheapest meats we can buy in Australia so I am always on the lookout for ways to use it-especially curried. This one was a good one we thought.
- Curry Paste:.
- Toast the coriander, fennel and peppercorns in a dry fry pan over medium heat until fragrant.
- Grind or use a mortar and pestle to crush to a powder.
- Put the garlic, ginger, onion and ground spices in a food processor and pulse until a paste is formed.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to a fry pan and brown the pork in batches. Remove to a plate.
- Add the remaining oil and heat; fry the spice paste for 3 to 4 minutes stirring often. Add the pork and stir well; add the water and bring to the boil.
- Season with salt to taste (I find curry needs quite a bit of salt so start with about 1 teaspoon), cover and simmer gently for 2 hours (add more water if the sauce becomes too thick).
- Pour off any excess oil and stir through the yogurt and coriander leaves.