Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the book Hot and Spicy that belongs to a friend
Make and share this Pork Curry on Noodles recipe from Food.com.
- 250 g ground lean pork
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups light coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons palm sugar or 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 250 g hokkien noodles
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, plus extra for serving
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- In a bowl combine ground pork, garlic, zest, and ginger. Using moistened hands mix until well combined. Shape into walnut-size balls.
- In a wok or frying pan heat the oil over medium heat. Add the curry paste and cook until aromatic (about 1 minute).
- Stir in the coconut milk and stock. Reduce heat to low and simmer gently for 3 minutes.
- Raise heat to medium and add the fish sauce and sugar, stir, then add the pork balls. Cook, stirring gently occasionally until the pork changes colour (about 5 minutes).
- Cook the noodles according to the directions on package, then arrange in noodle or soup bowls.
- Stir basil leaves, coriander leaves and green onions through the curry, spoon over noodles and garnish with the extra basil leaves. Serve immediately.
Wow, wow, wow, this curry was a winner here. We loved this spicy, hot, extremely flavorful curry. Lovely complex flavors that all blend together beautifully. I served with rice stick noodles. Kudos JustJan for an incredible recipe that was quick and very easy to make, into my keeper box this goes. :)