Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Sri Lankan way of cooking pork
Make and share this Pork Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion
- 2 jalapenos, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 inch fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 lbs pork, cut into small pieces (country style without ribs tastes best)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- Marinate pork in all the ingredients written below pork.
- Heat oil and add the thinly sliced onions, jalapeno, garlic and ginger and cook it in medium heat for about 10 minutes while stirring till onion looks light golden brown. Do not burn it. Very important to use a heavy bottom saucepan or cast iron. Then add the marinated pork mix around so spices get cooked in the oil for few more minutes, then add a cup of water and cook in medium heat for about 40 minutes. Stir often and if needed add more water.