Recipe by Peeps
This is a revised recipe from a cooking class I took many years ago. It's super tasty and sadly enough, never any leftovers. I sometimes make it with chicken instead of the pork.
Top Review by King Lu
This turned out fantastic. The instructions did not indicate what to do with the onions so I chopped them up and cooked them after the peppers. The rest was almost as instructed I may have added more than the recommended amount of red wine. Thanks for posting this Peeps.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs center cut pork loin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 egg white
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 1 large onion, halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon curry
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons additional vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine or 2 tablespoons wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut meat into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Put in large bowl.
- Add beaten egg white to cornstach and stir into meat until well coated.
- Refrigerate while preparing vegetables.
- All vegetables should be cut the same size as meat for even cooking.
- Heat oil in small sauce pan.
- Stir in curry and crushed red peppers.
- Cook and stir 1 minute and add tomato paste.
- Remove from heat and reserve.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in wok.
- Add pork and stir fry on high heat for about 4 or 5 minutes.
- Remove to bowl.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in wok and stir fry smashed garlic.
- Add peppers, stir fry one minute.
- Remove vegetables from wok.
- Add remainung Tablespoon of oil to wok and stir in curry mixture.
- Add sherry or wine,sugar, salt and soy sauce.
- Return to meat and vegetables and stir fry til thoroughly hot.
- Serve over white or brown rice.