Recipe by AmyMCGS
I got a deal on pork cubes at the grocery store, but wasn't sure exactly what to do with them. One night when I wanted an easy, comfort-food kind of meal, this is what I came up with. NOTE: The Zaar computer won't recognize the "Lawry's Perfect Blend Seasoning and Rub for Chicken or Poultry" that I used, and keeps changing it to "seasoned salt". That would be way too much salt! Another brand of rub would probably also work.
- 1 lb pork, cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons Lawry's Seasoned Salt, brand rub (SEE NOTE ABOVE- NOT SEASONED SALT! Lawry's Perfect Blend Seasoning and Rub.)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh black pepper
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
- 1 tablespoon brown gravy mix
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add pork cubes and season generously with poultry seasoning, garlic powder, and black pepper. Cook until pork is no longer pink.
- Add onions and mushrooms, and saute until onions are translucent.
- Stir in the two cans of mushroom soup & gravy mix. Simmer on low for fifteen minutes.
- Serve over top of mashed potatoes or noodles.