Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
An elegant dish from the National Pork Board.
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless pork chops
- 2 ounces prosciutto or 2 ounces wafer-thin ham
- 2 ounces swiss cheese, cut into 2 x 1/4-inch rectangles
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 teaspoon water
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Slice each chop lengthwise almost in half to butterfly. Between two pieces of plastic wrap, pound each butterflied chop to 1/8-inch thickness.
- On half of each chop, place 1/2 ounce prosciutto and 1 piece of cheese. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon thyme. Roll chops to enclose filling. Coat with flour, dip in egg wash and roll in bread crumbs.
- In large frying pan, melt butter. Add pork and cook 10 to 12 minutes, turning frequently to brown all sides. Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs.