Recipe by iewe
I found this recipe on a German recipe website when looking for pork recipes. I love chicken cordon bleu, and thought this was a great twist on an old favorite. I assume you could use any cheese you liked in this recipe. Putting here for safe keeping.
Top Review by Lavender Lynn
I got some thickish pork chops and cut pockets in them, stuffed them with Gouda cheese and deli ham, breaded per instructions, and, oh, then we cook it in olive oil AND butter? How can it be anything but amazing? It all worked perfectly. Not clear what the bacon in the ingredients list is for, but I do know that the French, as well as Germans of the Rhein region, would pour brown gravy over this, so maybe that's what the bacon went into. Marvelous. Made for Zaar World Tour 6, Voracious Vagabonds.
- 6 pork cutlets, butterflied
- 12 slice brick cheese
- 6 slice bacon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 236.59 ml unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 4.92 ml salt
- 9.85 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter
- 6 slice ham
- On one half of butterflied pork cutlet, place one slice of ham and two slices of cheese then fold/cover with other half of cutlet and secure open sides with toothpicks.
- Dip into eggs then bread crumbs.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In large skillet heat oil and butter then cook cutlets on each side until crisp and cooked through.
- Remove and blot dry before serving.