Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Found in a Woman's Day magazine.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3 small carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (2 lb) boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup apple cider
- Layer sweet potatoes, carrots, onion, pork, and apple in a large slow--cooker.
- Stir flour, salt, sage, thyme, and pepper in a small bowl to combine. Add apple cider; stir until smooth. Pour over meat and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low 7 to 9 hours until pork and sweet potatoes are tender.
I'm not normally an overbig fan of pork but this stew shines! It is Savory, sweet and comforting and even my small children liked it
I was very pleased with this recipe very simple and very flavourful,not over powering with alot of ingredients,i only added small white potatoes near the end,because i don't like them to soft.VERY FINE TURNOUT!!!