Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I live alone, so this is my recipe--double it or tripple it for you. I always have some left so I'm sure it's probably enough for 2 people. I really can't afford to do a lot of fast food, but this, I do, and I like it. Hope you like it too.
- 1 pork chop, cut diagonally
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup celery, cut diagonally
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper
- 1 (1 ounce) can mushroom
- 1 (8 ounce) can Chinese vegetables
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 cups beef broth or 2 cups chicken broth, your choice
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce (molasses, syrup, honey, your choice)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- In pan, heat oil; cook pork chop until tender, about 5 minutes. Take out of pan.
- In pan, add celery and peppers.
- Sauté peppers and celery until tender.
- Add mushrooms.
- Add Chinese vegetables and pork chop.
- In a bowl mix with whisk cornstarch, soy sauce, molasses, and 1/2 cup water till dissolved well; add to pan. Salt and pepper to taste (can add 2 teaspoons dried red chilies, optional).
- Serve on warm rice.