Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
An easy chow mein for those of us who live alone.
- 1⁄4 lb pork tenderloin, cut in thin strips with grain of meat
- 1⁄3 lb pea pods
- 4 water chestnuts, sliced
- 5 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 stalks broccoli, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package bean sprouts
- Fry pea pods in hot fat. Add celery and water chestnuts. Remove from pan.
- In separate pan, fry for 1 minute bean sprouts. Remove from pan.
- Add 3 tablespoons oil to pan if needed. Add chopped broccoli. Remove from pan after crisp-tender cooking.
- Marinate meat in: 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch 1 tablespoons soy sauce.
- Add 4 tablespoons oil to skillet. Heat, add meat, salt and vegetables.
- Mix: 1 tablespoons cornstarch 1/4 teaspoons Accent Add 1/2 cup water to above mixture. Thicken if necessary.
- Pour mixture over pan fried noodles.