Recipe by RecipeNut
Notes: This recipe is tasty and easy! Great recipe if you don't have alot of time.
Top Review by Tiffanee
This was very easy and delicious. It satisfied my craving for chow mein. Next time I make it I am going to try 1 cup broth + 1 cup water instead of the two cups broth (just to cut down on the salt). I think it would also be good using chicken and chicken broth. Thanks so much for sharing!! This recipe is a keeper.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced celery
- 2 cups cooked pork, diced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 16 ounces bean sprouts, drained
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups beef broth
- hot cooked rice or hot cooked chow mein noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a deep skillet or wok.
- saute the onion and celery 5 minutes.
- Mix in the pork, soy sauce and sprouts.
- cook 2 minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch with the broth.
- add to the skillet, stirring steadily to the boiling point.
- cook 3 minutes more.
- Serve with rice or chow mein noodles.