Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Notes: This recipe is tasty and easy! Great recipe if you don't have alot of time.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced celery
- 2 cups cooked pork, diced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 16 ounces bean sprouts, drained
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups beef broth
- hot cooked rice or hot cooked chow mein noodles
- Heat the oil in a deep skillet or wok.
- saute the onion and celery 5 minutes.
- Mix in the pork, soy sauce and sprouts.
- cook 2 minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch with the broth.
- add to the skillet, stirring steadily to the boiling point.
- cook 3 minutes more.
- Serve with rice or chow mein noodles.
This was very easy and delicious. It satisfied my craving for chow mein. Next time I make it I am going to try 1 cup broth + 1 cup water instead of the two cups broth (just to cut down on the salt). I think it would also be good using chicken and chicken broth. Thanks so much for sharing!! This recipe is a keeper.
Wasn't bad, I added more ingredients like sliced water chestnuts, shredded cabbage, green pepper
I have tried this recipe and others for stir fry and the beef always ends up tough i really dont know what i do wrong what cut of beef should i use i have tried rump steak how long should i fry before taking it off