Cook1 hr 25 mins
This came about when I was making a Black Bean Dip. The shaker top came off a bottle of hot sauce and I got a deluge instead of a dash. I tried to save it by making a bigger batch but then that was way too much for a dip. Logic called for a complete change in direction. This is the result. Not bad, not bad at all.
- 22.18 ml taco seasoning (Ed'sGirlAngie #81428 is fine.)
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 453.59 g chorizo sausage (DiB # 12818 is great.)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 stalk celery, chopped
- 113.39 g baby carrots, quartered lengthwise
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 2 fresh mild chiles, charred,skinned,seeded,chopped (Pablano, New Mexico, Anaheim)
- 1-3 jalapeno chile, seeded,devained,finely chopped
- 2 (907.18 g) can refried black beans
- 2 (907.18 g) can black beans, drained,rinsed,drained
- 170.09 g can tomato paste
- 3.69 ml hot sauce, i like cholula or tapatio
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 226.79 g Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 118.29 ml sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 118.29 ml asadero cheese, grated
- 0 bunch cilantro leaf, chopped
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 236.59 ml guacamole
- 3-4 hard-boiled eggs, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat a dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add oil.
- Add meat, crumble with a"Z" wire potato masher.
- Stir and cook'til browned.
- Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on paper towels.
- Drain all but 2 TBS of the drippings.
- Add Onions, Celery, Carrots, and Chilies.
- Saute (stir fry)'til onions are translucent.
- Add Garlic, saute another minute.
- Combine all ingredients but the cheeses.
- Bake 75 minutes, covered.
- Top with cheeses, bake uncovered for 6-7 minutes"til cheeses are golden brown.
- Garnish each serving with Sour Cream, Guacamole, Cilantro, and grated eggs.