Recipe by Pierre Dance
This came about when I was making a Black Bean Dip. The shaker top came off a bottle of hot sauce and I got a deluge instead of a dash. I tried to save it by making a bigger batch but then that was way too much for a dip. Logic called for a complete change in direction. This is the result. Not bad, not bad at all.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons taco seasoning (Ed'sGirlAngie #81428 is fine.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb chorizo sausage (DiB # 12818 is great.)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb baby carrots, quartered lengthwise
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 fresh mild chiles, charred,skinned,seeded,chopped (Pablano, New Mexico, Anaheim)
- 1 -3 jalapeno chile, seeded,devained,finely chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried black beans
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, drained,rinsed,drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce, i like cholula or tapatio
- 3⁄4 bunch fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup asadero cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 bunch cilantro leaf, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup guacamole
- 3 -4 hard-boiled eggs, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat a dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add oil.
- Add meat, crumble with a"Z" wire potato masher.
- Stir and cook'til browned.
- Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on paper towels.
- Drain all but 2 TBS of the drippings.
- Add Onions, Celery, Carrots, and Chilies.
- Saute (stir fry)'til onions are translucent.
- Add Garlic, saute another minute.
- Combine all ingredients but the cheeses.
- Bake 75 minutes, covered.
- Top with cheeses, bake uncovered for 6-7 minutes"til cheeses are golden brown.
- Garnish each serving with Sour Cream, Guacamole, Cilantro, and grated eggs.