1/3 Photos of Pork Chorizo - Black Bean Casserole
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 25 mins
Pierre Dance's Note:
This came about when I was making a Black Bean Dip. The shaker top came off a bottle of hot sauce and I got a deluge instead of a dash. I tried to save it by making a bigger batch but then that was way too much for a dip. Logic called for a complete change in direction. This is the result. Not bad, not bad at all.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning (Ed'sGirlAngie #81428 is fine.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb chorizo sausage (DiB # 12818 is great.)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/4 lb baby carrots, quartered lengthwise
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 fresh mild chiles, charred,skinned,seeded,chopped (Pablano, New Mexico, Anaheim)
- 1 -3 jalapeno chile, seeded,devained,finely chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried black beans
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, drained,rinsed,drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3/4 teaspoon hot sauce, i like cholula or tapatio
- 3/4 bunch fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 lb Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup asadero cheese, grated
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Heat a dutch oven over medium high heat.
- 3Add oil.
- 4Add meat, crumble with a"Z" wire potato masher.
- 5Stir and cook'til browned.
- 6Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on paper towels.
- 7Drain all but 2 TBS of the drippings.
- 8Add Onions, Celery, Carrots, and Chilies.
- 9Saute (stir fry)'til onions are translucent.
- 10Add Garlic, saute another minute.
- 11Combine all ingredients but the cheeses.
- 12Bake 75 minutes, covered.
- 13Top with cheeses, bake uncovered for 6-7 minutes"til cheeses are golden brown.
- 14Garnish each serving with Sour Cream, Guacamole, Cilantro, and grated eggs.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chorizo - Black Bean Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 866.5
- Calories from Fat 522
- Total Fat 58.0 g
- Saturated Fat 24.9 g
- Cholesterol 202.1 mg
- Sodium 1987.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.0 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 45.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh cilantro leaves