Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
In 'The Simpler the Better' by Leslie Revsin
- 4 boneless pork chops, 7 ounces each and 3/4 to 1 inch thick
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- lemon peel, 2 strips, each about 1 by 2 inches
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup crushed tomatoes in puree
- Dry pork chops on paper towels; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over med-high heat.
- Add chops and brown first side until golden, 3-4 minutes.
- Stand on fat edge to crisp, 1 minute.
- Add lemon peel then lay chops on second side to lightly brown, 1-2 minutes.
- Decrease heat to low and add wine and tomatoes.
- Cover and simmer until chops are just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer chops to plates.
- Discard lemon peel and boil down sauce over medium heat until thickened, stirring occasionally, 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top each chop with a spoonful of sauce and serve hot.