Recipe by ruca
An easy, fast recipe based off a Better Homes & Garden recipe using chicken. The sauce could make enough for four but we like extra.
- 2 -4 thin-sliced boneless pork chops
- 3 -4 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 5 tablespoons cold butter
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- salt & fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Melt one tablespoon of butter over medium heat in a medium to large non-stick frying pan.
- Cook pork chops 2-4 minutes per side, turning only once. (Cooking times might vary a little - be careful not to cook them dry) Transfer pork chops to platter and cover to keep warm, reserving drippings in pan.
- Add shallot. Saute in drippings for about 30 seconds, then add chicken broth and wine. Bring to a very gentle boil and reduce liquid to a 1/4 cup. You can reduce it a little more if you are making it for two and like an especially creamy sauce, but don't reduce to less than 2 tablespoons.
- Add heavy cream; stir in completely with a wooden spoon. Add remaining butter, one tablespoon at a time, melting each tablespoon completely before adding the next.
- Place one pork chop on each person's plate & top generously with sauce. If you have extra sauce it tastes great on baked potatoes (with all the fixings, of course).