1/3 Photos of Pork Chops With Vinegar and Peppers
The Kissing Cook's Note:
This colorful dish will please everyones palate. Depending on the intensity of fire you like in a dish, you can add the peppers accordingly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 boneless pork chops (about 1/4-inch thick each)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 garlic cloves, split in half
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced antipaste red bell pepper (packed in oil and vinegar)
- 1/4 cup sliced hot cherry pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoncini pepper (with 2 T. juice)
- 1/2 cup sliced kalamata olive
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup imported white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. Dredge chops in flour mixture and shake off excess (dredge just before sautéing or they will become gummy).
- 2In large sauté pan, heat olive oil over over medium heat until haze forms, then add butter. Sauté garlic until lightly golden; discard. Sauté chops in two batches until lightly browned on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- 3Discard most of the pan drippins, leaving about 2 Tablespoons of reserved liquid. Sauté onion and peppers over medium heat, stirring constantly and scraping up any browned fragments left in the bottom of the pan. Set vegetables aside and remove pan from heat. Return chops to pan in a slightly overlapping pattern add chicken broth and stir. Arrange vegetables over chops and sprinkle olives on top.
- 4In a small bowl, combine vinegar and sugar. Stir mixture together until sugar is completely dissolved (this is best done with your index finger so that you can feel when sugar is dissolved.) Spoon vinegar mixture on top of olive-vegetable mixture.
- 5Cover pan and turn heat to low. Simmer, basting frequently with pan juices, until chops are extremely tender when tested with the tip of a knife (about 15 minutes).
- 6Serve chops on a platter with a border vegetables on top.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops With Vinegar and Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 482.5
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 139.2 mg
- Sodium 415.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 42.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar