My sister made this delectable dish for me last night. I thought for sure it would have been posted on Zaar already but didn't see a recipe that fit this exactly so here it is. This is easy to prepare and inexpensive too. You will be surprised at just how tasty this simple meal is!
- Season chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a pan and sear porkchops till golden brown.
- Place a generous slice of onion on top of each pork chop.
- Place 1 tablespoon of rice on each onion topped pork chop.
- Pour stewed tomatoes around and atop rice.
- Cover and simmer 45 minutes or until rice and chops are tender. Add additional stewed tomatoes or tomato juice for extra moisture if needed.