Recipe by ~Lynn~
My sister made this delectable dish for me last night. I thought for sure it would have been posted on Zaar already but didn't see a recipe that fit this exactly so here it is. This is easy to prepare and inexpensive too. You will be surprised at just how tasty this simple meal is!
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
I scaled this down using two pork chops and a regular size can of stewed tomatoes. Sprinkled a little hot sauce on top and YUMMO! So easy to make and yet it tastes like you spent hours making it. I will be making pork chops like this often in the future. Made for PAC Fall 2012.
- 6 pork chops
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 88.74 ml rice
- 946.0 ml stewed tomatoes
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a pan and sear porkchops till golden brown.
- Place a generous slice of onion on top of each pork chop.
- Place 1 tablespoon of rice on each onion topped pork chop.
- Pour stewed tomatoes around and atop rice.
- Cover and simmer 45 minutes or until rice and chops are tender. Add additional stewed tomatoes or tomato juice for extra moisture if needed.