Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
My sister made this delectable dish for me last night. I thought for sure it would have been posted on Zaar already but didn't see a recipe that fit this exactly so here it is. This is easy to prepare and inexpensive too. You will be surprised at just how tasty this simple meal is!
- 6 pork chops
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 6 tablespoons rice
- 1 quart stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Season chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a pan and sear porkchops till golden brown.
- Place a generous slice of onion on top of each pork chop.
- Place 1 tablespoon of rice on each onion topped pork chop.
- Pour stewed tomatoes around and atop rice.
- Cover and simmer 45 minutes or until rice and chops are tender. Add additional stewed tomatoes or tomato juice for extra moisture if needed.
I scaled this down using two pork chops and a regular size can of stewed tomatoes. Sprinkled a little hot sauce on top and YUMMO! So easy to make and yet it tastes like you spent hours making it. I will be making pork chops like this often in the future. Made for PAC Fall 2012.
This was a really nice recipe. I did add a little to it as I felt it need more flavor. I added 3 Tbs of brown sugar, some minced garlic, 2 Tbs of chopped green and red bell pepper, 1/2 c water with 1Tbs of ketchup and a small can of V8 juice. I let simmer 1 hour and served with a baked mac and cheese and french style green beans. My husband said it was one of the best meals I've made in a long time now and I will agree. The pork chops were very tender, no need for a knife even. This is a keeper and I will be making this again. Thanks for sharing the recipe!