Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A delicious way to dress up pork chops...
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 pork chops
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Heat oil in large skillet. Brown the chops on both sides and remove to a plate.
- Pour 1/4 cup of white wine into the pan and stir with a wooden spoon to deglaze. Add the onions and garlic and stir until the onions become translucent. Add green peppers, tomatoes, basil, thyme, vinegar and the rest of the wine. Cook for two minutes over medium heat so the flavors combine.
- Return the chops and any residual juice from the chops into the pan. Spoon the sauce over the chops so they're partially covered. Bring to boil then reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 40 minutes. If the sauce appears to liquidy, remove the cover for the last 10 minutes.