Recipe by Baby Kato
This is a easy and delicious recipe for pork chops. Wonderful served with mashed potatoes, rice or flat noodles, green salad and rolls.
Top Review by morgainegeiser
I love pork chops. I used herbs I had harvested from my garden - not quite fresh, but better than in the stores. The chops were moist, not dry. I did skip the onions, as I just didn't have any at home and my husband is not overly fond of them. Have two chops left, think they will be great for leftovers.
- 4 pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in butter.
- Remove onions and keep warm.
- Combine garlic, pepper, flour, sage and thyme and press onto both sides of meat.
- Brown pork chops in pan with remaining butter, remove the chops.
- Add 1/2 cup wine to pan and bring to a boil.
- Return pork chops to pan and cover, reduce heat to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove pork chops and add remaining 1/4 cup wine to pan.
- Broil over high heat until reduced to a syrupy glaze.
- Pour sauce over chops and top with onions.