Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a easy and delicious recipe for pork chops. Wonderful served with mashed potatoes, rice or flat noodles, green salad and rolls.
- Saute onion in butter.
- Remove onions and keep warm.
- Combine garlic, pepper, flour, sage and thyme and press onto both sides of meat.
- Brown pork chops in pan with remaining butter, remove the chops.
- Add 1/2 cup wine to pan and bring to a boil.
- Return pork chops to pan and cover, reduce heat to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove pork chops and add remaining 1/4 cup wine to pan.
- Broil over high heat until reduced to a syrupy glaze.
- Pour sauce over chops and top with onions.
I love pork chops. I used herbs I had harvested from my garden - not quite fresh, but better than in the stores. The chops were moist, not dry. I did skip the onions, as I just didn't have any at home and my husband is not overly fond of them. Have two chops left, think they will be great for leftovers.
Wonderful! I made the recipe as directed using fresh herbs. The chops were perfectly tender and the sauce was yummy.
The sage and thyme made a delicious flavor combination. The pork chops were moist and savory. The light crust, wine glaze, and onions together made this down home comfort food. There is one chop left over in the refrigerator- I need to go hide it behind the Brussel sprouts, so it will be there for my lunch tomorrow.