Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick weeknight entree that is simple and tasty. I usually up the jam to 4 tablespoons. From Bon Appetit.
- In a small bowl stir together the water and jam.
- Halve the onion and thinly slice.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil over moderate heat until hot but not smoking, and then cook the onion with the curry powder, stirring, until the onion is softened.
- Stir the onions into the jam mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Pat pork chops dry and season with salt and pepper.
- In skillet heat the remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Sauté the chops until golden brown and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Add curried onion to pan and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
Very nice. There is just a hint of curry and apricot. Easy peasy. I appreciate that I always have these ingredients on hand. Think this recipe is big enough to serve four. Thank you lazyme for sharing.