Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is great for all types of pork chops, or the 'Country Style' boneless ribs.
Make and share this Pork Chops With Sweet and Sour Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Brown pork chops in a little oil or coat the pan with cooking spray.
- Mix together brown sugar, vinegar, water and soy sauce.
- When pork chops are browned, pour the sauce over them and let it come to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer. For 1/2" chops, cook 45 minutes. For thicker pork chops, cook 1 - 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove chops to a plate.
- Stir 1 teaspoons of cornstarch in 1 tablespoons water and add to liquid in the pan. Stir until it thickens and clears. If you want a thicker sauce, add a little more cornstarch.
- Return the chops to the pan, turning to coat in the sauce. Let cook for a couple of minutes.
- Serve with rice.
Love the sauce ! Simmered the pork chops (1 inch thick) for 1/2 hour and it was too long but the sauce sure made up for it. Will keep this one in my recipe book...