Recipe by momthecook #2
This recipe is great for all types of pork chops, or the 'Country Style' boneless ribs.
- 6 pork chops
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown pork chops in a little oil or coat the pan with cooking spray.
- Mix together brown sugar, vinegar, water and soy sauce.
- When pork chops are browned, pour the sauce over them and let it come to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer. For 1/2" chops, cook 45 minutes. For thicker pork chops, cook 1 - 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove chops to a plate.
- Stir 1 teaspoons of cornstarch in 1 tablespoons water and add to liquid in the pan. Stir until it thickens and clears. If you want a thicker sauce, add a little more cornstarch.
- Return the chops to the pan, turning to coat in the sauce. Let cook for a couple of minutes.
- Serve with rice.