Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This quick and easy take on stroganoff, using pork chops makes a great midweek meal or cosy supper with friends.
For the stroganoff sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed and finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 lemon, juice of, only
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
For the pork chops
- 1⁄2 ounce butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 pork chops
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- For the stroganoff sauce:
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and gently fry the onion for 5 minutes or until beginning to soften. Stir in the mushrooms and red pepper and fry for 5 minutes, or until the mushrooms and peppers have softened.
- Pour in the brandy and simmer for 2-3 minutes until the brandy has reduced right down then stir in the soured cream, lemon juice and dijon mustard. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- For the pork chops:
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan over a medium heat. Add the pork chops and fry for 5-7 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the chops, or until just cooked through.
- To serve, pour the stroganoff sauce over the pork chops and sprinkle over the parsley.
This was really good! I didn't have brandy on hand, but I had whiskey and honestly it still tasted wonderfully. Don't let the sauce sit too long or it gets thick very quickly.