1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is a simple recipe but has a lovely flavour and can be altered by putting in chopped chillies to make it hot, or perhaps some ginger. Good served with some boiled rive and steamed Asian greens
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 4 thick midloin pork chops, well trimmed
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup Chinese wine
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar or 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 6 star anise
- 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 -2 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- coriander (to garnish) or green onion (to garnish)
- salt and pepper, taste
- 1Heat oil in a Dutch oven or heavy bottomed pot and brown chops.
- 2At the same time combine, stock, wine, soy, sugar, star anise, 5-spice, sambel, honey and garlic.
- 3Pour over the chops and bring to the boil.
- 4Then cover and cook very very slow for 1-1/4 hours until very tender, turning once or twice.
- 5Serve over boiled rice garnished with the coriander or green chopped onions.
- 6Steamed Asian greens on the side is nice.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops With Star Anise, Slow Cooked
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.2
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 138.2 mg
- Sodium 1158.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 43.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: