Recipe by Chef 'Diva Divine
One of Martha's quick cookbook favorites and sure to one of yours as well. **These pork chops are also SUPERB grilled over charcoals. Reduce the marinade seperately in a saucepan & pour oer the chops after removing from grill.**
Top Review by Little Suzy Homemaker
I got this recipe from one of her cookbooks years ago. I have adapted it over time to cook in the oven to make the chops tender. I brown the chops as directed and then put them in the oven (covered) for 1 1/2 hours on 350. Turn them halfway...they are so tender this way. Then you use the same pan to make the sauce from the marinade you reserved.
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil
- 8 pork loin chops (1/2-inch thick)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine orange juice, soy sauce, garlic, pepper, & thyme sprigs. Set aside.
- Score pork chops 1/8" deep in a crisscross pattern on each side. Place in a glass or stainless stell dish in a single layer.
- Pour the marinade over chops and let sit at least 30minutes (overnight is best). Drain & reserve the marinade.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large heavy skillet until hot. Add the chops in a single layer & saute over high heat for 3 minutes on each side, browning them well.
- Reduce heat to low & pour reserved marinaid over chops. Cook until done, about 8-10mins. longer. Remove chops to a heated platter.
- Reduce the marinade in the skillet to 1/3°C Pour over chops and serve immediately.