Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Originally from Cooks.com, I don't usually like "sweet meat" sauces, but this is a regular in our household!
- 3⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil (I usually use vegetable or canola)
- 8 pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- Combine orange juice with soy sauce, sugar, garlic, pepper, and thyme in a 1 gallon zipper bag. Set aside.
- With a very sharp knife, score the pork chops 1/8 inch deep in a criss-cross pattern on each side. Add to marinade bag, seal, and let sit at least 30 minutes.
- Remove pork chops and retain marinade.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large heavy skillet until hot. Add the chops in a single layer and saute over high heat for 3 minutes on each side, browning them well. (You may need to do these in batches, or in two skillets. I usually do this using the grill method below.).
- Reduce heat to low and poir reserved marinade over the chops. Cook until done, about 8-10 minutes longer. Remove chops to a heated platter. Reduce the marinade in the skillet to 1/3 cup. Pour over the cooked chops and serve immediately.
- GRILL METHOD: Also excellent grilled! Reduce the marinade separateley in a saucepan, then pour over the chops after removing from grill.
Made for Comfort Cafe ~ Summer 2009. These were excellent and we loved the orange flavor. Would like to have grilled them but we were short on time (use charcoal and you know how long that takes! LOL!). Used boneless pork loin chops and thickened the sauce with a little bit of cornstarch. Thanks for a yummy recipe Gatorbek!
Amazing pork chops Gatorbek! We will be making these quite often this summer. I used boneless pork chops and marinaded overnight. DH did intend to grill them but we ran out of gas so back in the house the chops went. Cooked them in my electric skillet and they were very, very good! The marinade flavor is so good, orange juice, soy sauce, thyme, and garlic, wonderful!
Awesome and very flavorful Chops! We halved the recipe and made as directed using olive oil. The sauce is perfect. Will definitely be making these again.