Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
UUUM so good!
- 2 pork chops
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dill weed, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- Brown pork chops on both sides; drain oil.
- Add onion, water, caraway seed, paprika, salt, dillweed and garlic powder.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour, adding more water if necessary.
- Remove pork chops from skillet; keep warm.
- Stir sour cream into skillet, mixing with pan juices to make a sauce. Pour over chops and serve.
I really liked this!! I followed both suggestions--doubling the sauce mix and leaving out the caraway seeds since none were on hand, and everyone REALLY liked it--even my picky-eater, son! I think I might play with it just a bit, since I'm not a caraway seeds fan, perhaps adding some mustard for tang? Thanks!
I followed Christmas Carol's advise and doubled the sauce and was so glad I did. It is absolutely wonderful and perfect compliment to the moist and juicy pork chops. Thanks for sharing, Gloria 15x.
These were so good! I skipped the caraway seeds, just a preference.